JOIN US AT THE TRACK FOR SOME OF
CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA'S BEST
SATURDAY NIGHT DIRT TRACK RACING
GATES OPEN AT 4:00 PM
RACING AT 7:00 PM
GOSPEL CENTER ROAD
REYNOLDSVILLE AND FALLS CREEK
PLEASE LOOK AT THE INFO BELOW OR ON THE FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) PAGE BEFORE CALLING OR SENDING A MESSAGE. WE LOVE HEARING FROM YOU, BUT AVAILABILITY TO RETURN PHONE CALLS OR MESSAGES IS LIMITED, ESPECIALLY ON RACE DAYS. MANY TIMES THE ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS LIKE...
"Are you racing?"
"What time do you start?"
"What classes are running?"
"What are the rules?"
What are your payouts?"
"How much does admission cost?"
"Where are you located?"
... CAN BE FOUND HERE ON THE WEBSITE RATHER THAN HAVING TO WAIT FOR SOMEONE TO GET BACK TO YOU.
And finally, check out our Facebook or Twitter pages. (See the links at the top of the screen.) We use Twitter and "RainedOut.com" for race status updates. (To use RainedOut, text "hummingbird" to 84483 to start receiving alerts.) Please note that RainedOut has now started charging for a subscription to receive text messages. If you had previously signed up to receive alerts from us, you should have received a message; or go to www.rainedout.com for more info.
NO RACING THE WEEKEND OF SEPTEMBER 18TH.
OUR FINAL EVENT OF THE YEAR WILL BE AN ENDURO RACE AND DEMO DERBY. SEE DETAILS BELOW.
October 2nd will be the 2nd Annual Battle At The Bird! This year’s battle will kickoff with a $1000/win 100-Lap Enduro Race, followed by a $2000/win Compact Car Demo Derby. We’ll also hold a 2nd chance Demo for any leftover Enduro cars. Our Enuro Pre-Registration form will be posted on our website shortly.
2021 Battle at The Bird Info: 10/2/2021
Hummingbird Speedway Enduro Rules
1. Early Registration $50. Must be received by October 1st. $75 Registration the day of the event. Up to 100-cars.
2. Drivers must be at least 16 years old. Identification may be required in order to register.
3. All cars must have a working MyLaps Transponder. Limited rentals will be available. Transponders must be full-charged and working. The Speedway will not be responsible for errors resulting from missing or non-working transponders. Transdponders may be mounted on the radiator support or inner frame rail. Transponders must be mounted properly with no obstructions and no metal shrouds. Cars will be sent out in groups to ensure that transponders are working prior to the race.
4. Open to any 4 or 6-Cylinder hard-top passenger cars. No convertibles, trucks, 4x4’s, AWD, or 4th-Gen Camaros, Firebirds, or Trans-Am.
5. Engine must remain stock and respective to make, model, and year, and must have exhaust. No modifications are allowed. No turbos or superchargers.
6. Tires and wheels must be stock for the make and model of the car. Must be a DOT tire. No racing tires or truck tires of any type.
7. All lights, molding, and plastic must be removed. All mirrors and windows must be completely removed. Windshields are optional. If windshield is removed a screen or wire mesh must be installed to protect the driver.
8. A 5-Point harness is recommended. All cars must have at least a lap belt and shoulder harness which must be worn at all times. Failure to meet this requirement will result in a DQ.
9. Driver must wear a 2000 or newer Snell-approved helmet. Drivers must have a fire suit, leather shoes, and gloves. A driver’s side window net is MANDATORY.
10. No alterations or reinforcement to the frame or body of any kind. Cars must have a full body. No cutting or gutting of panels. No bracing of any type in front of firewall.
11. Doors, trunks, and hatchbacks must be welded or chained shut.
12. Cars must be clearly numbered on both sides with a minimum 16” tall number.
13. Seat must be securely fastened to the floor.
14. Batteries may remain in the engine compartment or on the passenger side floor, covered with a rubber mat.
15. Gas tanks may remain in stock location or strapped in the trunk with a minimum of four 1” straps. A firewall must remain between the driver’s compartment and trunk.
16. Rollover hoops are MANDATORY. Hoops must be a minimum of 1-1/2” pipe with a 1/8” wall thickness. Hoop must be welded from right to left frame rail and to the contour of the roof behind the driver’s head. No completed frames and no full roll cages.
17. Any car found to be illegal will be DQ’d with no refunds. The tech-inspector will have the authority to DQ any car found illegal or deemed unsafe. Interpretation of aforementioned rules and safety requirements will be at the discretion of the tech inspector.
18. Cars must be removed from Speedway grounds within 2-weeks of the event. Any cars left after 2-weeks will become Speedway property and will be disposed.
$2000/win Compact Car Demo Rules
$25 demo derby registration
$20 pit pass
Enduro Cars may compete in a $500/win demo derby after the Enduro and Compact demo if 12 or more cars sign up.
Full payouts and additional info will be posted this week.
CONGRATULATIONS TO SEPTEMBER 4TH
(SEASON CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT)
#37A Jim Bloom
Cypress Clock & Gift Shop Pro Stocks
#5L Jon Lee
Carns Equipment Super Late Models
#28S Gabe Shaffer
Swanson Heavy Truck Repair Semi-Lates
#1M Gary Miller Jr.
Close Racing Supply Economods
#28 Bryce Swauger
Sunny 106 Pure Stocks
#569 Blake Joiner
Andy-Man's Car Care 4-Cylinders
#25D Stephanie Mayes
PAGO PowderPuff Series
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TRACK OWNER LOUIE CALTAGARONE WHO CELBRATED HIS 93RD BIRTHDAY ON JULY 26TH!
For more info on the Kids Club,
click the image above.
We'd like to thank...
Highway Equipment of DuBois
Ken Schaffer Excavating
Friday Gas & Oil Fuel Service
... for their contributions
to our new pits!
8/27/2021 - FROM THE RENEGADE MOSTER TRUCK TOUR...
Renegade fans! Unfortunately due to reasons outside our control the event scheduled for Saturday Sept 4 at hummingbird speedway will be rescheduled to a later date.
All presale tickets can either be used this Saturday August 28th at the event in Franklin, PA at Tri City Raceway Park. Or you can hold onto them and they can be used at the rescheduled date.
We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and hope to see you all soon!
The Carns Equipment Super Late Models at Hummingbird Speedway:
We're happy to announce that we have a new sponsor for our Late Model division! Carns Equipment of Clearfield and Hummingbird Speedway are excited to announce a new partnership for 2021 and beyond!
Carns Equipment is a full-service Polaris, Mahindra, Stacyc, Arctic Cat, Kawasaki, Slingshot, Cub Cadet, Sport Haven Trailer, & Husqvarna Dealer. They have the largest inventory of ATV's & UTV's in Central PA, and are conveniently located off of Interstate 80 in Clearfield.
They sell new and used vehicles and do accept certain trade-in units. Their state-of-the-art service department is staffed with the finest technicians around, who are trained to deliver top performance! Their parts department is fully stocked with everything you need to make your ride safe and enjoyable (while looking great!). Make Carns Equipment your one-stop-shop for everything powersports!
We're excited to welcome Carns Equipment to the Hummingbird Speedway family, as they too are a family-owned and operated establishment! Stay tuned and keep your eyes open for more changes coming your way thanks to the fine folks at Carns Equipment!
Follow them out on Facebook, or visit their website at:
The Close Racing Supply Economods:
We'd like to introduce our Economod class sponsor for their inaugural season at The Bird, Close Racing Supply of Eldred!
Close Racing Supply carries a large inventory of components from all the major manufacturers for late models, crate late models, IMCA/UMP type modifieds, Camaro clip cars, street stocks, and more.
CRS has been building their stock clip chassis since the year 2000 with great success. They have over 40 track championships including 9 time BRP Can-Am 360 Late Model championships and over 400 feature wins in over ten states and Canada.
Close Racing Supply also offers in-house fabrication by some of the best welder/fabricators in the business. Not only does CRS build their own stock clip chassis, but they also make major to minor frame repairs from late models to modifieds.
Be sure to check out Close Racing Supply for all of your parts/chassis/fabricating needs!
Follow them on Facebook or check out their website and see for yourself at www.closeracingsupply.com
The Swanson Heavy Truck Repair Semi-Lates:
We're happy to welcome back Swanson Heavy Truck Repair & Service as our Semi-Late division sponsor for 2021!
Swanson Heavy Truck Repair & Service provides professional service and repairs to all heavy-duty, mid-range, and light duty trucks and trailers. They are also Hummingbird Speedway's go-to shop for hydraulic hoses, and they are conveniently located just off Exit 97 of I-80.
Swanson Heavy Truck Repair has sponsored the Semi-Late class since its inception and we thank them for their continued support!
The Cypress Clock & Gift Shop Pro Stocks:
Cypress Clock & Gift Shop returns in 2021 as our Pro/Street Stock Sponsor! They are located on Rt. 36 just South of Brookville. They carry a large selection of living room, dining room, and bedroom furniture, as well as a wide variety of high-quality outdoor furniture!
Cypress Clock & Gifts also carry a large selection of gazebos and sheds, as well as unique home decor gifts and..... clocks!
If you're looking for indoor or outdoor furniture, or anything else mentioned above, be sure to stop in and see Red at Cypress before you Shop anywhere else! Their workmanship is on display at The Bird, and you can see for yourself at our new announcers booth, which was build and furnished by Cypress.
Thank you again to Red and the crew for your continued support!
The Andy Man's Car Care 4-Cylinders:
We'd like to introduce our new sponsor for the 4-Cylinder division, Andy Man's Car Care of Reynoldsville!
Andy Man's Car Care is located on Route 322 just East of Reynoldsville. They specialize in general automotive services including state inspections, full diagnostics, oil changes, and more! Andy Man's also has an outstanding tire service including mounting and balancing.
Also, any 4-Cylinder drivers looking for some new treads, Andy Man's is offering 20% off tires for our 4-Cylinder drivers!
We'd like to thank Andy for his support, and we hope you consider Andy Man's the next time your vehicle needs tires and/or service!
A huge THANK YOU to Phil Freeman for these awesome photos and videos from 2020!
2021 Hummingbird Speedway Point Champions
Gary Miller Jr.
The official fuel and parts vendor of Hummingbird Speedway...
Thank you to our sponsors...
And thanks to
McPherson Auto Body & Towing
for helping out at the track.